[APPLICATION IS CLOSED]
EVENT PROJECT MANAGER
Salary – Competitive (dependant on experience) + Bonus
Location – Offices based in Coventry, but role would be formed as a hybrid working model with a mixture of operational work on site, office working and working from home.
CTM are a leading UK and International event company, specialising in admissions, consultancy, event car parking, event traffic management and access control for many of the UK’s biggest and most prestigious outdoor events. This includes major music festivals and concerts, agricultural and flower shows, air shows and motor sports. We are very proud of our client base that boasts Glastonbury, Soundstorm (Saudi Arabia) Brands Hatch, Tough Mudder amongst other market leaders.
CTM are part of the Combined Events Business and are part of the Tracsis Group who are a leading international provider of software and services for the planning and management of mass transit operations.
Due to continued growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to play an integral part in our staffing management, planning and delivery of some of the UK’s most prestigious and well known events.
- To manage and develop your project portfolio ensuring successful delivery on site in person or, where agreed, through the support of operational team allocated to your project.
- To plan, design and deliver projects inclusive of quoting, negotiation, logistics, budgeting, and client liaison.
- Coordinate the technical aspects prior to projects to ensure delivery of successful projects in accordance with the budget, proposal, and project requirements.
- To complete post project evaluation, feeding back to relevant areas of the business to continually improve service delivery.
- Build relationships with clients to support and contribute to the ongoing development of projects for the business.
- Ensure all enquiries/tenders are promptly responded to and quoted for in line with agreed margin and price levels, and that quotes are followed up with clients and securing new business where possible.
- Develop client relationships to include face-to-face meetings and presentations, etc. as required.
- Ensure allocated projects are making the most effective and efficient use of resources including, but not limited to people, equipment, and vehicles.
- Ensure all aspects of the project requirements are communicated to the relevant teams in a timely manner.
- Seek guidance and support where necessary to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Liaising with local authorities and other bodies to ensure permissions are granted prior to all projects being undertaken where necessary and brief relevant stakeholders.
- Manage and communicate any changes to the project.
- Attend site to ensure effective and successful delivery of projects within your portfolio.
- Attend site of projects not within your portfolio to assist operationally as and when required.
- Ensure onsite staff briefings / debriefs are conducted and that health and safety requirements and site rules are communicated and adhered to.
- Identify activities that are not captured by existing SSOWs/RAs and notify the health and safety team.
- Cultivate and evaluate staff performance and feedback potential prospects and performance issues.
- Be client / customer facing during operational days to ensure the client/customer is satisfied with the service received.
- Be responsible for completing all appropriate project and non-project data recording, including payroll, within the required time frames and pay windows.
- Manage allocated operational team members to ensure all activities are carried out effectively and all staff members are managed in line with company policy.
- Provide the financial forecast of all allocated projects within your portfolio and provide updates as required.
- Ensure client information including purchase orders and payment schedules are agreed and communicated to the finance team.
- Liaise with the Operational Unit Lead and senior project managers in the preparation of quotes and large, or strategically important bids and tenders.
- You will be required at times or on an ongoing basis to contribute to other projects within the ‘Combined Events Business’ or Group.
- To ensure that all core duties detailed above are delivered successfully.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of yourself, your team, and those around you. You will ensure all H&S policies and practices are adhered to escalated in the correct way.
- Responsible for the line management of your team. As a line manager you will gain the best from your team by coaching, communicating, feeding back, and ensuring they are suitability trained and resourced to conduct their duties.
- You are required to act in a way that does not subject any other employees, potential employees, workers or clients to direct or indirect discrimination, harassment or victimisation.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and opposite numbers in the ‘Combined Events Business’ and Group, ensuring resources are pooled where necessary to ensure project requirements are met and delivered successfully.
- Annually you will review all systems relevant to your role in conjunction with operational teams and others who are impacted by your processes and procedures. Propose improvements and developments that will assist in more efficient and effective delivery of our services.
- Excellent communicator
- Active listener
- Forward thinking
- Time management skills
- Able to prioritise
- Conflict resolution
Role Specific Competencies
- Strong team collaboration and leadership skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective delegation skills
- Ability to multi-task and deliver projects to a high standard, meeting client expectation
- Possess an excellent understanding and knowledge of the Event Transport Management Market
- Possess competent management skills with the ability to effectively co-ordinate, delegate and listen
- Can meet deadlines and communicate at a Senior Management Level
- Be competent in the ability of forecasting
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Event Industry knowledge
- Traffic and transport industry knowledge
- Project Management experience
- Traffic management / planning experience
- Experience of leading and managing a team
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- IT skills including Microsoft Office packages
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- All applicants must be eligible to live and work within the UK
- Ability to travel to our head office in Coventry
- Full UK Driving License
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Leadership and management qualification
- Project Management Qualification
- IOSH Managing Safety Qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Traffic Management Qualification i.e. Lantra
Organisational Vision, Mission and Values
The organisational vision, mission and values ensure that we are all heading in the same direction and they should be reflected in everything you do within your role. Everyone in the organisation has a key part to play in achieving the mission and vision, and all roles are aligned to achieve this.
Our core values support the vision and help to shape and sustain the culture we are proud of across the Combined Events Business. You are required to operate in line with the Combined Events Business and Group policies and procedures at all times.
Benefits to working at CTM
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Long Term Incentive Plan Scheme (LTIP)
- Hybrid working model with a mixture of operational work on site, office working and working from home
- Casual dress code
- Learning & development opportunities
- Excellent, modern office space
If working for CTM sounds like the great career move you want, we look forward to receiving your CV and having an initial conversation. Please submit a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the role title as the subject of the email.
We welcome CV’s from all members of the community. CTM and Tracsis are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community.
GDPR Privacy Notice
During the recruitment process, SEP Events / Tracsis collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. CTM / Tracsis is committed to being clear and transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. We will use this information for progressing applications in view of offering employment, assessing your suitability, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of your information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
CVs from agencies will not be considered.