Recruiting Now! Police Accredited Traffic Officers
Do you like working outdoors in a fast-paced environment with a friendly and professional team? Limited vacancies available – apply now! Send a covering letter detailing your match to the requirements of the role (described below) and a copy of your CV to PATOrecruitment@ctm.uk.com quoting ref: CTM-PATO-01.
Job title: Police Accredited Traffic Officer
Job Ref: CTM-PATO-01
Job Type: Casual
Location: Specifically: Cheshire; Home Counties; West Midlands; and the South-East. Nationwide opportunities available if willing to travel
CTM is a national provider of Event Traffic Management and Admission Control services to over 200 events per year. Its portfolio includes music festivals, sports events, county fairs, seasonal & cultural events, air shows and a number of static venues. It has also taken a lead role in providing services to major events such as the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and Le Tour de France 2014. A significant part of the CTM business is the provision of Police Accredited Traffic Officers operating under the Community Safety Accredited Scheme (CSAS). This enables CTM to extend its traffic management services onto the public highways surrounding events to ensure smooth flows of traffic on the roads leading to venues and in the surrounding areas.
To maintain its current rate of growth, CTM needs to build its team of Police Accredited Traffic Officers (PATOs). Once you have completed Police vetting, you will be trained in both NRSWA and CSAS qualifications and will be accredited by the Police to work for CTM in selected Police Force Areas to control traffic on the public road network. Working as a team member within the CTM/Police Command & Control Structure, your role will be to ensure smooth flow of traffic on the roads surrounding event sites/venues, which includes co-ordination with other traffic management and blue light services. We are looking for professional, well-presented individuals who can work effectively alongside the Police. You will have the opportunity to work at major UK events and prestigious venues throughout the year.
- Working as part of a team, ensuring the efficient flow of traffic on public highways surrounding an event/venue
- Assisting the Police and other blue light services
- Keeping yourself, colleagues, members of the general public and other road users safe
- Documenting any incidents in a Police Note Book (PNB), which may be used as evidence in court should the need arise
- Seamlessly integrating with onsite traffic management (admission control, parking, …) teams and liaising/assisting other subcontractors as necessary
- Completing all Police Force Area paperwork in a timely manner and immediately notifying CTM of any change of circumstances
- Attending training and refresher training as required
- Liaising with the office resourcing/support team to confirm availability, confirm event bookings and to help resolve any issues arising. In particular, it is imperative that you respond in a timely manner to all telephone calls and emails in what can be a very fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
The candidate must:
- Be honest and reliable with a mature/responsible attitude towards the role
- Be adept at working as part of a highly-disciplined team, where team members depend on each other for safe and effective operation
- Think clearly, communicate effectively and calmly under pressure – maintaining positive relationships, but being assertive when necessary
- Be physically fit, as the role involves standing for extended periods to direct traffic on public roads
- Be prepared to work unsociable hours and weekends (the nature of the events industry)
- Be prepared to travel and/or stay in shared overnight accommodation
- Have the ability and enthusiasm to learn, retain and apply new skills and knowledge
Qualifications & Experience
Successful applicants will be subject to Police vetting and accreditation and will only be able to progress to active duty within a Force Area once approved. Full training will be provided once vetting is successfully completed.
Experience of working in a public facing role will be advantageous, as will a background in Police/blue light services and/or traffic management.
Applicants must be able to prove that they have the right to work and permanent right to remain, without restriction, in the UK.
Remuneration: £9.81/hour gross + holiday pay, equivalent to £11.00/hour gross for the hours worked.
How to apply: Please send a covering letter detailing your match to the requirements of the role and a copy of your CV to PATOrecruitment@ctm.uk.com quoting ref: CTM-PATO-01.
CTM is an equal opportunities employer.